Real Estate for Vashon and Points Beyond

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Troy and Marie's Day Off goes SMART

Ok so sometimes I get obsessed. ("focused") As far as Home Team Realty and our business goes that’s a great thing and our clients benefit from our focus. It’s not always a great thing as it drives Marie nuts at times. When I get too “focused”.

We took a day off from Real Estate a couple days ago - our first day off in months I might add, and my wonderful wife let me decide what to do with it. I wanted to get off Vashon and head into Seattle. I have been very interested and very curious about electric cars for well over a year now and I have begged her to go test drive a
Zap Zebra at the Green Car Company so that is what we did. We headed out on a beautiful sunny day for long trip out to Kirkland to test drive this little car.

Ok so we have been to the Green Car Company once before and new the way so didn’t have to rely on our navigation system. The last time we went there they gave us some excuse why we couldn’t test drive the Zebra and sent us home. On this day I called ahead and explained that we would be there in about an hour and wanted to take a test drive they said ok come on out so we did.

When we got there
Don Fahnestock asked all the standard questions why a Zebra. Where did we hear about them yada…yada…Come on Don let me just drive one….
The time came to get behind the wheel oh man was I excited.
Harley had been instructed by Don to bring up a Zebra but when he went back for it with myself and Marie in tow the battery was dead. He selected a different one it was the Zebra pick up model and that was fine with me I just wanted to get behind the wheel and open her up and feel the wind blowing my hair back.

Something blew alright but it wasn’t the wind in my hair…. the Zebra blows…..Man was I disappointed. I had dreamed of this day. I thought this would be a great rig for us. This was going to a green car that would fit in with Vashon and reduce our carbon emissions and a 3-wheeler that we could priority load on the Vashon ferry the best of all worlds. But instead it was slow and tiny and just a disappointment. It may be great for some but its not for us.

I handed the keys back to Harley and started to walk out then I spotted the Smart car.
It was small but cute and I asked Harley about it and he said it was quick. I asked if we could drive it.
No problem…..says Harley

Wow what a cool rig. It drove great had tons of head and leg room and it was fast, really fast compared to the slug of a Zebra that we just got out of. Now its not as fast as my 300sl but it gets like 50mpg. And check this out it is made by Mercedes well sorta. Anyway Harley let slip that this was the European model with the great Mercedes engine and that’s why its 10k more then the new ones you can buy out by south center mall.

We thanked Harley and set out towards Tukwila in search of the Smart car. More on that later…..Now I need to get my head back on Vashon and selling real-estate.